Who we are
The U.S.-ECOWAS Business Initiative (USEBI) serves as the premier trade and advocacy coalition created under the auspices of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) to promote trade and strengthen economic and commercial ties between the United States and ECOWAS.
Priorities and Policies
- Advocate for a U.S.-ECOWAS free trade agreement.
- Implement focused engagement to promote increased trade and investment in a mutually beneficial manner.
- Remove obstacles to trade and investment, creating a limited number of working task forces to address cutting-edge issues.
- Launch policy-driven initiatives to promote bilateral trade and foreign direct investment (FDI).
- Strengthen U.S.-ECOWAS cooperation on energy.