The purpose of the Energy and Gas Task Force is to provide its members with access to new opportunities in that sector and help them understand the implementation and investment process. The task force proposes reforms to satisfy ECOWAS’ needs in the power sector and make recommendations that key policymakers and governments both in the United States and ECOWAS can implement due to shortages in the power supply chain.
- Increase U.S.-ECOWAS energy trade, including exports of U.S. equipment, technologies, and services.
- Advocate for the West Africa Gas Pipeline.
- Address barriers to foreign direct investment and make recommendations.
- Encourage reforms in the gas sectors to secure power supply.
- Push for investment in the oil and gas infrastructure.
- Promote renewable energy.