The ICT Task Force works with ECOWAS members and U.S. policymakers to help implement a unified strategy in the sector. Encouraging the development of ICT is fundamental to ensuring continuous growth in the region and job creation both in the United States and in ECOWAS. The task force offers proven business solutions that have enabled the growth of domestic economies through foreign direct investment.
- Accelerate the ECOWAS Wide Area Network (ECOWAN) that enables ECOWAS institutions, governments, and affiliated organizations in the region to be interconnected.
- Invest in the ﬁber-optic network project in member states, enabling connections for cities and the development of internal connections for the Gambia, , , Guinea-Bissau, Guinea-Conakry, Liberia and Sierra Leone.
- Advance the ICT terrestrial connectivity project to allow no fewer than two broadband infrastructure connections per ECOWAS member state.
- Propose reforms in the ICT sector to attract investment in ECOWAS.
- Encourage a transparent dialogue between ECOWAS member states and the U.S. and West African business communities.
- Advocate for a fair and transparent bidding process.